[owncloud-devel] Update available via admin interface

jimknopf at gmx.org jimknopf at gmx.org
Tue Nov 10 18:30:11 GMT 2015

Hello everybody,

I would like to raise a question/a requirement regarding the update of OC via admin panel and propose to make updates here available as soon as they are published on owncloud.org.

The reasons: In v8.1.3 (the one I am using), I have four different types of update to choose from (produktion, stable, beta and nightly), but neither offers me an update to 8.1.4 or 8.2 (as of this writing).

I see no reason and indeed do not understand why I am forced to do a manual update. And I am forced to do this, because otherwise, my OC instance would be exposed to many security bugs that are publicly known as soon as a new release is available on the website.

Regards
Jim Knopf