[owncloud-devel] Update available via admin interface

mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de
Thu Nov 12 16:38:20 GMT 2015

Hello Frank,

the time from release to availability for integrated updater is
lacking communication.
Time is different each release.

IMHO you should announce it on e.g. twitter, mailinglist and other channels.
And there should be a default delay from release to auto updater e.g. 2 weeks.

There has been conversations in the forums as well regarding update strategy.

Is there an official statement somewhere about the delay?
Would be helpful to answer questions like "why is my ownCloud not
offering latest release" with answers like "please look at your cloud
in about a week. Maybe update will be available at that time...".

Have a good time.
ownCloud rocks!

Cheers,
Mark