[owncloud-devel] Update available via admin interface

tflidd tflidd at aspekte.net
Tue Nov 17 11:04:13 GMT 2015

Hi,

automated upgrades to a new Ubuntu LTS version are pushed with the first
point-release of a new version. This could be a good idea for owncloud
as well. After a new major release, the updater app just waits for the
first point release (8.2.1, for next major upgrade 9.0.1). Then the new
version has already been installed on a larger number of hosts. Most
updater-app users don't have full access to the system and possible
problems are much harder to identify and to fix.

A testing mode of the updater app would be a very nice feature. This
way, users who really need new features  or who just want to test the
upgrade process, can run an upgrade to the 8.2.0-version. Or is there
currently any way to test the updater app?

Regards,
tflidd