[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 2.1.0 beta1 Released

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Tue Nov 17 17:11:45 GMT 2015

Hi,

today we released ownCloud Client 2.1.0 beta1. It is the first test
version of the next upcoming release called 2.1.0, and we ask you to get
involved and help us testing and sharpening the release.

Version 2.1.0 will bring a lot of improvements:
- Sharing with internal users and groups
- New activity tab for showing server-side activities
- UI improvements in account status tab
- A ton of bugfixes
- Polishing the multi-account feature that was introduced in 2.0
- Performance improvements in file discovery
- Removal of the legacy libneon-based network code on Linux. On Linux
you will need at recent Qt 5.5.x to get bandwidth limiting.

A more detailed Changelog will be available as we move on in the release
process. We aim for the final release on December 1st if all goes well.
Development will happen in git branch 2.1 from now on.

As usual the test versions are available through
https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development

Please keep in mind to NOT use testing versions on your production
systems and keep good backups with your data. We appreciate your testing
with either the "normal" or the testpilotcloud client. Bugs should be
reported to github.com/owncloud/client/issues.

Let's have a great release!

Klaas

for the Desktop team