[owncloud-devel] issues with documentation + backgrounjobs + app testing

Robin Appelman robin at icewind.nl
Thu Nov 19 15:05:17 GMT 2015

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 01:29:45 PM Nuno Khan wrote:
> Date:	Today 14:29
> I was wondering if the documentation for owncloud 8.2 regarding
> backgroundjobs
> (https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.2/developer_manual/app/backgroundjobs.ht
> ml) and app testing
> (https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.2/developer_manual/app/testing.html) is
> up to date?
>
> I am having trouble making these work, and i also realized that the calling
> of the background job example in the link above is different from the
> calling
> herehttps://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.2/developer_manual/app/init.html .
>
> Could anyone provide me with working examples please?

The example provided in https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.2/developer_manual/
app/backgroundjobs.html uses the older background job api

\OC::$server->getJobList()->add() is the new way and should be used.

https://github.com/owncloud/documentation/issues/1906 provides an example how
it should be used

 - Robin Appelman