[owncloud-devel] User Provisioning API - changing user info

coreymj reg at pathrider.ca
Fri Nov 20 18:38:58 GMT 2015

Hi All,

I'm trying to change user information via the User Provisioning API on our
OwnCloud 8.1.4-12.1 server, running on Centos7 x64.  The call is successful
(i.e. no errors), but the user's display name, email, etc., do not change.

I wrote the code first in PHP, where it doesn't work, but I am able to
replicate this in cUrl from the command line:

$ curl "https://admin:admin@localhost/owncloud/ocs/v1.php/cloud/users/juser"
-d key="display",value="Joe User" -k

Nothing is returned and nothing is changed that I can see in the ownCloud
GUI.  I have verified that I have all the connectivity bits set up:

$ curl "https://admin:admin@localhost/owncloud/ocs/v1.php/cloud/users" -k

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ocs>
  <status>ok</status>