[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 2.1.0 RC1

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Thu Nov 26 14:56:38 GMT 2015

Hi,

good news: We have released the ownCloud Desktop Client version 2.1.0
RC1 today. That is the first release candidate of 2.1.0, and it is
available for your testing now via

  https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development

Here are a couple of feature highlights:
 * Full sharing with ownCloud users and groups
 * New server activity view, reworked sync protocol
 * Sync of files with colons and other special characters in the name
   to the platforms which support it
 * Improved discovery performance with checksum support
 * GUI polish
 * Tons of bugfixes

Please help us creating a great release by giving this build a good
testing and report back in our issue tracker on github.

As usual, please note that this is not yet released software, so keep a
good backup of your data and possibly do not use it with your production
data.

Thanks & have fun,

Klaas

for the desktop team.