[owncloud-devel] Integration into CMS (esp. Drupal)

Jürgen Haas jurgenhaas at paragon-es.de
Tue Sep 8 05:48:13 GMT 2015

Hi all,

we are a Drupal agency and one of our clients tasked us with the
integration work between the Drupal CMS and ownCloud. As we are long
time users of ownCloud but new to ownCloud development we're looking for
some advise.

What we've thought so far:

- Drupal and ownCloud will be hosted on the same host
- The host can be configured so that both have access to the files
- We would like to implement hooks to notify the other platform
  - about new files
  - about deleted files
  - about changed files
- Those hooks should be working bi-directional

Now, our question is if this is a good approach and if so how to get
started on the ownCloud front.

Of course, this development should be open source and will then be
available to both communities and may also be a blue print for other CMS
to do similar integration.

What's your thought?

Thanks
Jürgen