[owncloud-devel] [RFC] Splitting owncloud-client

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Sep 30 20:53:44 GMT 2015

Hi Christian,

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 19:38:24 Christian Weiske wrote:
> > So my goals is to make the complex syncing logic in owncloud-client
> > usable from other applications. In order to achieve this, I'm
> > splitting out non-GUI functionality into its own lib to be able to
> > use it from my own client (a Plasma-based UI).
> > [...]
> > As I said, reviews and comments are most welcome.
>
> Would that mean that your lib could be used in an owncloud-daemon which
> could be used on non-X-machines (servers)?

Yes. In fact, I have such a daemon running already. (Though I had to
temporarily patch in a GUI dependency to prevent a crash. It's fairly easy to
fix, but I'm refraining from code changes right now, as to keep the delta
minimal for review.)

My headless daemon is here:
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fsebas%2Fplasma-owncloud.git&a=tree&h=8f195ab1668750689e8a8a8aa073d5a7f5cc3d5f&hb=88291b73fc9d9325b6e60d3e8ae807652552aec9&f=owncloudsync

It uses KDE's frameworks and I'm working on making it use accounts-sso for
user credentials, but it basically works.
--
sebas

Sebastian Kügler    |    http://vizZzion.org    |     http://kde.org