[owncloud-devel] S3 API to Access Owncloud

Harry Stine hstine at solielcom.com
Thu Apr 7 14:18:00 GMT 2016

To whom it may concern,

I recently asked this question on the owncloud forum and they suggested
that I ask this directly of the developers.

I was wondering if it was possible to perform CRUD operations on owncloud
through an S3 API. I am already aware that S3 can act as an external
storage, but I was wondering if something similar to the following is
possible:

client->S3->ownCloud->S3

Where the client could use an S3 client library to make a call to get an
object, which would get passed to ownCloud and then to the Amazon cloud
where the object would located and send back.

Is this possible or are there other means of accessing owncloud? At this
point I have been successful in making a partial java client that accesses
owncloud through the webdav interface such that:

client->Webdav->ownCloud->S3

I just wanted to see what other options might exist.

Thank you for your time and any help you can give.

v/r,
--
Harry Stine