[owncloud-devel] Reverse DNS lookup for apps.owncloud.com missing

Howard Gyton Howard.Gyton at mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 12:07:21 GMT 2016

Hi,

I was setting up a new Owncloud server recently and after patching I noticed in our firewall logs that it was trying to access an IP address:

74.208.110.124

I didn't recognise this and noticed that it has no reverse lookup entries either. I posted a message on the forums and someone responded, indicating that this is:

apps.owncloud.com

Would it be possible for someone who has access to create the reverse DNS entries for that IP? I'm sure it would have reassured people like me, new to this product, that their box was not compromised in any way!

Thanks!

------------
Looking for IT Help? A great starting point would be to look here<http://forum.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/qa/6/how-can-i-get-help-on-it-related-issues>!

Howard Gyton
Computer Officer
MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit
15 Chaucer Road
Cambridge CB2 7EF
Tel: 01223 355294 Ext 585
http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk<http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/>

This e-mail may have a protective marking.  For an explanation please see
http://www.mrc.ac.uk/About/Informationandstandards/Documentmarking/index.htm