[owncloud-devel] Correct solution to disable synchronization completely via client for all users?

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:27:22 GMT 2016

On dinsdag 5 april 2016 18:52:49 CEST Martin crysman Zahradník wrote:
> Thank you, but ... if I do not have the owncloud enterprise with file
> firewall... how do I do that (that is: /disable all remote clients
> (desktop/mobile applications) synchronizations except for internet
> browser access to ownCloud/)?
>
> The only way I am aware of now is renaming the status.php to something
> else, which is not very nice "solution"...
>
> If I can achieve this with my genuine server firewall... the client
> (remote device application) uses HTTPS, if I am correct (?) - so I
> cannot disable https connections, because doing so would also disable
> owncloud web usage :/
>
> Does this all mean that renaming it is the only way?
> Will it stay so?

Yes, unless somebody spends their free time writing something only businesses
use.

> Any plans to extend occ:maintenance?

Why, that is meant for when your server is in maintenance mode, not to
function as a file firewall ;-)

Look, you're running a business, right? Consider buying the Enterprise
Edition. There are other ways to support ownCloud, too, of course, like paying
somebody to develop functionality you need.

Cheers,
Jos