[owncloud-devel] Pi-drive status and plans

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 18:13:16 GMT 2016

On Sunday 14 February 2016 21:59:33 robert rottermann wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we have scripts that set up the hard disk, bind it into the rpi's boot setup at
> first boot and then set up owncloud automatically.
>
> They are hosted on our gitlab server:
>
> http://gitlab.redcor.ch/jonas.cosandey/PiDriveSetUp
>
> I provided my gitlab acount some weeks ago in the hope that I could push our
> work to github.
>
> The scripts are written in python so they are more or less distribution agnostic.
> We are using jessy at the moment.

So, with the changes to the project (moving to Ubuntu Snappy) I was wondering if you've had a look lately and any success with getting it running ;-)

> robert
>

> On 13.01.2016 12:37, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > Heya all,
> >
> > I've send around some private mails asking how things were going. Not everybody received their test device yet, sadly. I would like to send out some more but I haven't seen much activity yet from people who didn't yet get a device so I will hold off on that for now.
> >
> > Discussions have started in the issue list: https://github.com/owncloud/pi-image/issues
> > and I urge you to join those if you have something to say or know about this stuff ;-)
> >
> > Timeline-wise, we should be getting to a point where we pick a base image to build on. There is work going on with Ubuntu Snappy (Daniel), openSUSE (Michal), debian (cmacq2/Johan), and I thought somebody was working on Arch but I might have missed that.
> >
> > I think it'd be nice if we could give the various images a try and discuss what direction to take this. I've created an issue for this:
> > https://github.com/owncloud/pi-image/issues/10
> >
> > Input very welcome. Ideally, have a link to the existing images and perhaps some documentation like Johan did here: https://github.com/owncloud/pi-image/issues/2
> >
> > In the mean time, look at the other issues and see where you can help with knowledge and code!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jos

Everything I do and say is based on my view of the world today. I am not responsible for changes in the world, nor my view on it. Everything I say is meant in a positive and friendly way, unless explicitly stated otherwise.