[owncloud-devel] About building owncloud client using qt

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Tue Apr 26 09:50:19 GMT 2016

On 25.04.2016 22:49, happy wrote:
> Thank you so much.
> Besides, does anybody know where the user credentials are stored when
> running the client? I think since there is always a sync launched when
> file changes, user credentials should be stored somewhere locally to
> maintain a valid user logging status.

Normally, the client maintains a session with the server, once it was
logged in.

The credentials are stored using the library qtkeychain (find it on
github) which abstracts a couple of password storage (encryption)
backends, depending on the platform you are on. For linux, it is kwallet
or gnomekeyring for example.

have fun,

Klaas