[owncloud-devel] GSOC 2016

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:40:26 GMT 2016

Hi all!

If we want to join GSOC this year, we have to get moving. On the wiki [1] we have a page with notes on collaborating with GNOME, something which is a great idea and I'd love to hear an update on that and how we'd do it - as part of the GNOME organization, I guess?

That works for me. We can also apply separately. In any case, we have some ideas up, we do still need mentors and, of course, students.

Also, if we participate as part of the GNOME organization, I'd like to make sure we can also have some pure-ownCloud slots, things which aren't per-se about integration with the desktop!

Lasse, what do you think, can we join GNOME or should I apply separately?

Cheers,
Jos

[1] https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code