[owncloud-devel] feedback

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Fri Feb 12 18:55:27 GMT 2016

Hi everyone,

I attended the Linux User Group New York meeting this week and FOSDEM a week ago among other event to talk about ownCloud.

I wanted to share that the feedback that I and other get about ownCloud is getting better and better. People really use and love ownCloud!!!!
Of course this is the usual open source and Linux minded crowd and not really main stream users.
But the feedback is still so much better and positive then in the past.

This is a great sign that we are doing awesome work here in all areas. Server, Desktop, Mobile, Documentation, UX, QA, Packaging, Security and so on.
Thanks a lot.
My impression is that 9.0 is another big step forward which is even better.

In my opinion happy users are the ultimate prove of great work and great software.

I just wanted to share this to everyone. We are all looking into bugs and issues the whole day so that it is easy to forget that we all make millions of users happy with ownCloud. This is something that nor a lot of people can say about their work.

Thank a lot to everyone who contributed to this great open source project.

Cheers
Frank