[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Desktop Client 2.1.1 released

Carsten Schiefner owncloud.cs at schiefner.de
Sat Feb 13 14:19:07 GMT 2016

Hi Mark,

On 12.02.2016 20:55, Mark Ziegler wrote:
> Am 12.02.16 um 20:08 schrieb Carsten Schiefner:
>> I can't assess whether - and if so, how much - this is related to the
>> above fix - but also the just released Win client 2.1.1 still creates
>> remote files (aka. downloads them from the server) with the RO bit set
>> by default - as being discussed on this list in thread "windows readonly
>> attrib", started on 6 Jan 16 by W Evans <wfevans14 at yahoo.com> at
>> 13:42:19 -0800.
>
> There have been betas and release candidates.
> Why did you not test and report feedback?

fair enough.

However, I didn't - and still don't - really feel like an Beta and/or RC
tester, as I am using - as a one-man self-employed business - ownCloud
only productively and not in any testing environment.

Furthermore, I think there are many others around here with a much more
detailed understanding of the ownCloud client. Not to mention the fact
that this malfunction has been prominently discussed here, including
some "official" bug reporting on github.

Best,

	Carsten