[owncloud-devel] Completely remove folder from all systems

Stefan Herzog sign_in at die-herzogs.com
Sun Feb 21 12:18:50 GMT 2016

Hi all!

I hope someone could help me here, because I'm a little annoyed and I don't know what else to do.

We have an environment with multiple Window and Mac clients. Special problem:

All data are placed in a shared folder.

Person A created folder "Folder" and stuff in it (on Win)
Person B renamed "Folder" to "folder" (on Mac)
Syncing (regarding to owncloud/client/#1348) stopped to prevent data loss (that's generally good but not this time). So we deleted all database entries of "Folder" and all server-side data (the whole folder "Data" within the shared folder, even in trashbin and versions).

Mac works now (syncing is fine). Windows stops syncing both folders ("folder", "Folder").

After a while the folder and its content appears again in database and on the server.

How can we finally get rid of "Folder" on all systems?

Thank you!

Regards
Stefan

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely

Stefan Herzog