[owncloud-devel] Update-procedure: Is maintenance mode kept by default?

tflidd tflidd at aspekte.net
Sat Feb 27 23:03:15 GMT 2016

Hi,

I'm wondering if this is a wanted behavior of owncloud for
debian-updates. What I have to do:

1) apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
2) I get a warning that I need to run the occ command
3) I run the occ upgrade
Set log level to debug
Checking whether the database schema can be updated (this can take a
long time depending on the database size)
Checked database schema update
Checking updates of apps
Checked database schema update for apps
Updating database schema
Updated database
Updating <gallery> ...
Updated <gallery> to 14.5.0
Starting code integrity check...
Finished code integrity check
Update successful
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

Question 1: Running the occ-command is kind of obligatory, can't this be
done by default or by request?

Question 2: Is the maintenance mode kept active on purpose?
If the update wasn't successful I would understand that. In this case,
you always have to disable the maintenance mode manually (and lookup the
command in the documentation). Or is it possible to ask the user if the
maintenance-mode should be turned off?

The speed of the user interface with PHP7 is impressive.

Cheers,
tflidd