[owncloud-devel] User Provisioning API - throttle consecutive calls?

Corey Wirun corey at pathrider.ca
Mon Jan 4 18:17:56 GMT 2016

Hi All,

I'm synchronizing a web portal system user base with OwnCloud 8.1.5.  To
ease the initial deployment, I created scripts to migrate users from the
portal system to OwnCloud - using the User Provisioning API to create
the users, assign groups, etc., etc.

As part of my testing, I'm creating 2 users.  I've noticed some
inconsistency that sometimes one of the users does not get created in
OwnCloud after my script runs.  Sometimes both users get created,
sometimes user1 is missing, other times user2 is missing.

It's not as if there's a delay in creating both users, a user just gets
lost and there are no errors returned by any User API calls.

Introducing a delay of a 4-5 seconds between consecutive User API calls
'appears' to make things work better, but for 100's of users it will add
a significant delay not only during the initial deployment, but also in
the daily management of user changes in the source system.

Is this an issue?  I made the (perhaps incorrect) assumption that the
User API calls are synchronous...

Thanks for any advice.  Happy New Year!

Corey.