[owncloud-devel] Update available via admin interface

jimknopf at gmx.org jimknopf at gmx.org
Tue Jan 5 17:56:34 GMT 2016

Hello everybody,

I would very much like to follow the advice given in http://blog.jospoortvliet.com/2015/12/five-reasons-to-upgrade-your-owncloud.html and cited in the blog on owncloud.org, since I agree with the author.

But - again, I am forced to say - the most recent version 8.2.2 is not available via admin interface, although it has been out since 2 weeks. Again - I am forced to say -, more than the „few days“ stated in the admin page have passed, and still nothing happened.

I am beginning to doubt that OC is ready for daily use in a productive environment, and be it for personal use only. Or at the very least, its developers and/or managers are not understanding the need to make this work as seamlessly as possible.

All my former arguments are still unrefuted, btw, especially the one regarding the contradiction of what the project says at https://owncloud.org/release-channels/ and how the responsible developers and/or managers act.

Regards
Jim