[owncloud-devel] Pi-drive status and plans

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 11:37:25 GMT 2016

Heya all,

I've send around some private mails asking how things were going. Not everybody received their test device yet, sadly. I would like to send out some more but I haven't seen much activity yet from people who didn't yet get a device so I will hold off on that for now.

Discussions have started in the issue list: https://github.com/owncloud/pi-image/issues
and I urge you to join those if you have something to say or know about this stuff ;-)

Timeline-wise, we should be getting to a point where we pick a base image to build on. There is work going on with Ubuntu Snappy (Daniel), openSUSE (Michal), debian (cmacq2/Johan), and I thought somebody was working on Arch but I might have missed that.

I think it'd be nice if we could give the various images a try and discuss what direction to take this. I've created an issue for this:
https://github.com/owncloud/pi-image/issues/10

Input very welcome. Ideally, have a link to the existing images and perhaps some documentation like Johan did here: https://github.com/owncloud/pi-image/issues/2

In the mean time, look at the other issues and see where you can help with knowledge and code!

Cheers,
Jos

Everything I do and say is based on my view of the world today. I am not responsible for changes in the world, nor my view on it. Everything I say is meant in a positive and friendly way, unless explicitly stated otherwise.