[owncloud-devel] alternate proposal

interfaSys sàrl info at interfasys.ch
Thu Jan 14 13:15:35 GMT 2016

I've just had a look at the state of FirefoxOS and it's a non-starter.

There is a project[1] which aims at making it run on the Pi2, but the
delivery is planned for April.
Then there is the issue of building the required stack to be able to run
ownCloud on that platform.

I think it would be wise to spend time on the other platforms mentioned in :

https://github.com/owncloud/pi-image/issues/10

Ubuntu Snappy has a similar issue in that it's not ready for the Pi2 yet.

>From where I stand, there isn't enough time to play with platforms which
don't even boot, can't be updated or don't provide the packages needed
by ownCloud to run. We still need to configure and tune everything.

Imho, the image should be based on a proven OS, preferably designed for
the embedded devices market.

Cheers,

Olivier

[1] FirefoxOS/RPiB2: https://wiki.mozilla.org/FirefoxOS/RPiB2