[owncloud-devel] set up environment for developing an app

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 01:01:55 GMT 2016

You can get into Vagrant and Virtualbox as a means to create VM's that will
launch and that you can push content to. I know snappy works well like this
and there is an owncloud snappy install as well. Lots of options there.

Mostly it depends on what you want to make, and how deep into the Os it
will dig. If just high level testing a WAMP/XMPP style temp environment
would work. VM's just help you keep things REALLY clean and seperated.
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 3:11 PM, <muellismailbox at web.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i'm new at the owncloud project and i want to start of developing an own
> app. First of all i need an suitable devolping environment. That means with
> the ability to debug the app (php and javascript) and a IDE with sytax
> higligthing, code completion and so on.  I'm familiar with the Eclipse
> Platform. Therefore i made my first steps with Eclipse PDT. Can somebody
> help me to set up a suitable environmet for developing owncloud apps?
> Somebody who can give answers to the questions like: What's the best IDE.
> How to set it up, especially how to connect the IDE and the webserver to
> debug the app.
>
> thank you :)

Stephen