[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Project Sorting

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Mon Jul 4 19:33:34 GMT 2016

Am 04.07.2016 um 19:28 schrieb Chris:
> Hi,
>
>> Something very concrete that we have to solve: Bernhardt who developed and
>> maintained the news app for ownCloud so far, has decided to move on. As a
>> result, https://github.com/owncloud/news needs a new maintainer to be kept
>> at least in a working state with upcoming ownCloud releases.
>
> i think this will be the main challenge for the ownCloud project as also the
> Gallery App needs a new Maintainer:
>
> http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Leaving-the-ownCloud-Gallery-project-tp17417.html
>
> Without both of this widespread apps many users probably just will run to
> NextCloud because of this.

I agree that is why I wrote the initial mail. But all I currently can do
is to encourage people to try. That starts already with testing the
existing apps with the current 9.1 RC that is available.

If there are glitches, maybe they are not too hard to fix? Questions can
be asked in IRC all the time and mostly get answered :-)

best regards,

Klaas