[owncloud-devel] Create a picture editor app which would integrate with Gallery - GSOC 2016

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 23:54:18 GMT 2016

On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:45:45 PM AMT Manish Bisht wrote:
> I want to make the Android Application/Cross Platform Application (upon
> requirement) using the Xamarin which has been recently acquired by
> Microsoft. I am more interested in making the Cross Platform App because it
> will help to target Android+Windows+iOS on one go. And the app will reach
> the more users.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from all developers for more suggestions. :)

Hey Manish,

In general, we're mostly looking for people developing ownCloud itself or ownCloud apps, see https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.2/developer_manual/app - that is an app within ownCloud, not an external app.

Of course, we have an android and an iOS client, to which you could contribute too, see github.com/owncloud/ios and /android. Last but not least there's a cross-platform desktop client written in C++ and Qt - github/owncloud/client

Note that we'd pick students who have shown to be able to contribute to an open source project, ideally ownCloud itself - if you can get a minor change in ownCloud, like a papercut fix or a junior job, you're chances for a GSOC are significantly higher.