[owncloud-devel] Create a picture editor app which would integrate with Gallery - GSOC 2016

interfaSys sàrl info at interfasys.ch
Wed Mar 2 14:46:09 GMT 2016

My idea was to try and re-use existing Javascript components instead of
writing an image editor from scratch.
Some libraries may need a backend for some of their operations and that
would mean writing some methods in PHP, but that might not even be
necessary, depending on the scope of the project.

So the first step could be to try and define the basic requirements that
the app should cover and to try and see if there are libraries covering
these.

Some ideas:
* Filters
* Cropping
* Red eye removal
* Steganography

And yes, the editor will need to connect to the ownCloud API to retrieve
the original image, make a backup and store the processed file.