[owncloud-devel] Create a picture editor app which would integrate with Gallery - GSOC 2016

Manish Bisht manish.bisht490 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:32:25 GMT 2016

If we want the JavaScript libraries then we can use CamanJS, DarkroomJS or
FabricJS.

Some Ideas for Image Editing :
- Cropping [1:1, 2:3, 3:4, 4:3] (DarkroomJS gives the crop and the undo
image edit option. Link : https://mattketmo.github.io/darkroomjs/)
- Fliters (Check this link : http://camanjs.com/examples/ It gives the
basic filter options and also we can cusomize it according to our needs)

Also http://fabricjs.com/ This javascript library also have very good
features we can use this also if we want to implement great list of image
editing features.

Hope I am going right. One thing more I want to ask is we will implement it
using app framework in this. And we can also give the options to the user
to share the edited image on the social media like Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram. We can directly give the Post to Facebook button to share
picture on their timelines and for all other social profiles also. Plus can
we add one more feature to add the use of camera to take the pictures using
the application.

We can also add the Google Material Design/Bootstrap and AngularJS to give
a very beautiful design to our Application and we can make the application
mobile first and responsive which is now a days going very popular. :)

Looking forward to hearing from you. Great mentor I have got for this
project :)