[owncloud-devel] Create a picture editor app which would integrate with Gallery - GSOC 2016

interfaSys sàrl info at interfasys.ch
Thu Mar 3 00:26:39 GMT 2016

Thanks for the links. There is definitely potential in these libraries.

darkroom is a good example on how to use fabric.js

Please add you findings to :
https://github.com/owncloud/gallery/issues/265

Using the appframework is a good way to learn about building an ownCloud
app, but it's not absolutely necessary, depending on how much work is
required to make this project a success and on your personal goals.
The editor could be part of the slideshow per example and would only
require a JS lib, a CSS file, a dozen UI buttons and a couple of added
PHP methods.

I see social media sharing as a separate task, but it can be part of the
same project. Its implementation will depend on how the editor is built.

I would also add camera capture as a stretch goal.

Regarding the design, it's advised to follow onwCloud's guidelines,
especially if its a Gallery feature, but there can be a discussion about
it with @jancborchardt . It will depend on the app's goals.

It's important to think about usability early on and to get some designs
approved before starting to build the views.
There are some good resources online, some of which can be found in
ownCloud's blog.

The next step is definitely going to be about scoping your project and
building the requirements for the 1st version while keeping a backlog of
features you want to include in the next iteration.