[owncloud-devel] Correct solution to disable synchronization completely via client for all users?

Daniel Molkentin danimo at owncloud.com
Mon Mar 28 23:12:48 GMT 2016

One of the reason this does not get answered is because OP asks the
wrong question and I'm not sure the others in the thread have the same
intention.

Please tell us _what_ you want to do, not _how_ you want to do it.
Looking through that thread, there seem to be different motivations,
i.e. temporarily to do an upgrade (the real fix is to switch into
maintenance mode, then do the upgrade, then switch into single user mode
for testing), or permanently. The latter begs another question: Do you
only want to block sync clients, or do you want to completely inhabit
the webdav route. In both cases the answer would be File Firewall for
users of the Enterprise Edition, or some adding URL- or User-Agent based
rules to your Web Servers configuration to return a 404 instead of the
requested endpoint. So please, context :)

Daniel