[owncloud-devel] ownCloud hit a major milestone: 1000 contributors

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:46:55 GMT 2016

Hi,

I wanted to share some good news: we hit a BIG milestone in the last few days!
1000 individuals contributed to ownCloud over the 6 year history of our
project. And over 400 of those last year, that should give an idea of how fast
we're growing!

Remember, we hit 8 million users (up from 2.4 last year!) in January [2]. And
today, 1000 contributors. Nearly or over 100.000 commits (depending on where
you look, openHUB [3] or Bitergia [4]) and we've merged 10K pull requests in
core alone.

In the blog I also talk about the massive growth in downloads of ownCloud apps
and more. This shows that the ownCloud ecosystem continues to grow faster and
faster and we'd like to thank everybody (including YOU!) who helped make that
happen.

YOU ALL ROCK!!!

Thank you for being so awesome.

Hugs,