[owncloud-devel] Database model & ok to extend existing tables?

Vincent Petry pvince81 at owncloud.com
Tue May 24 18:18:15 GMT 2016

Hello,

You can find the database model defined as XML here:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/v9.0.2/db_structure.xml

Adding a column in the core database only for an app to use it doesn't
make much sense. So it would be better if you made a mapping table in
your own app and map by share id.

On another note, this is also a feature request in core
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/11642
So depending on how much your app is providing besides expiration, you
could also choose to contribute the feature to core.
>From what I remember there is already an expiration column in the
database that can be reused for regular shares.

Cheers,

Vincent