[owncloud-devel] 9.1.0 beta1 is out

Lars Hammarstrand lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com
Thu May 26 05:51:01 GMT 2016

Hi!

Some info was actually added quite recently. One thing that really caught
my mind was:

   - Pluggable Auth - Updating the ownCloud server to enable easier
   implementation / activation of different authentication mechanisms, such as
   the L2 request for 2 Factor Auth owncloud/core#23458
   - Internal 2 Factor - After creating a more modular authentication
   mechanism, this will allow an admin to use email to provide a second factor
   for ownCloud logins. Note: this has mobile and desktop implications for it
   to be completed. #1211

1. Does that mean you can start working on client certificate
authentication i.e use certificate attributes in the login process using
"Pluggable Auth"?

2. Btw, does anyone know if the internal virtual filesystem utilizes some
kind of general authentication and permission control on the file level
(besides add, change and delete). If not, would it be possible to implement
a similar "Pluggable Auth" on the virtual file system with a decent amount
of work?
--

Cheers, Lars.