[owncloud-devel] Query regarding open source projects

Felix Böhm felix at owncloud.com
Mon Jan 9 13:45:28 GMT 2017

Hi Shilpi, welcome to ownCloud,

ownCloud is a huge open source project on several platforms
- the PHP server https://github.com/owncloud/core <https://github.com/owncloud/core>
- desktop sync client in C++ / QT, https://github.com/owncloud/client <https://github.com/owncloud/client>
- native mobile apps for iOS and Android https://github.com/owncloud/ios <https://github.com/owncloud/ios>, https://github.com/owncloud/android <https://github.com/owncloud/android>

Do you have any specific project in mind?

I personally would love to see  a jitsi video conference integrated as ownCloud app.
Jitsi is an open source video conference based on WebRTC.
In comparison to other WebRTC solutions (there are many) it has a videobridge, which allows performant video calls for many people.

You can find and test it here: https://jitsi.org/ <https://jitsi.org/>

For discussions and finding coding partners for a project, I recommend you to introduce your project idea on
https://central.owncloud.org/ <https://central.owncloud.org/>

Best,
 Felix
---
Felix Böhm
felix at owncloud.com
ownCloud GmbH, Leipziger Platz 21, 90491 Nürnberg
GF: Tobias Gerlinger, Holger Dyroff, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)