[owncloud-devel] Encrypted offsite backup

Emil Lefherz emil at owncloud.com
Wed Oct 31 12:35:09 CET 2018

Hi Sam,

Do you mean you want to backup your ownCloud instance?

if yes, I recommend the backup tool duplicati2
<https://duplicati.readthedocs.io/en/latest/01-introduction/#overview>.
It offers versioning, deduplication, asymmetric encryption, all via
command line or a web interface, if you want to use that.

duplicati2 offers several backends, including Dropbox
<https://duplicati.readthedocs.io/en/latest/05-storage-providers/#dropbox>.
You can also use another ownCloud as storage backend btw, via WebDAV
(not as well documented, but you can ask me for my notes if you choose
ownCloud instead of Dropbox).

Best,

Emil