[testpilots] [owncloud-user] ownCloud 1.5.3rc1

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 21:31:13 MET 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM, Daniel Molkentin <danimo at owncloud.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we're happy to announce the first release candidate of ownCloud Client
> 1.5.3. This is a pure bug fixing release and has the following changes over
> 1.5.2:
>

> Current users of 1.5.2 and 1.5.1 that are facing connectivity issues with
> the client are recommended to verify that this RC fixes their issues.
>
> The RC can be downloaded from http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing

On Ubuntu 13.10, when I manually download the binary, I can't install it
due to dependency problems.
Then I found out I also had to find the repository address manually by
digging into the URL of the owncloud-client-1.5.3rc1 download address:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/testing/xUbuntu_13.10/

then, manually download the dependencies from the related directory or root
directotyr,
then also download from "all" directory the last remaining dependency -l10n
then finally i was able to install the client.

Emre