[Translations] Two Russian translations on Transifex

Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk
Thu Apr 25 15:56:27 EDT 2013


I agree, no difference - совсем согласен. And there are no other 
variations - Russian spoken elsewhere, other languages spoken in Russia 
- so there is no argument against a merge or straightforward substitution.
Admins, is there anything specific that requires one of the two?

All the best,
Morten

On 04/25/2013 08:23 PM, Евгений Деревянкин wrote:
> Hi Serge,
>
> I totally agree with your point. In fact, I raised the issue in this 
> list some time ago, but there was no reaction: neither from the second 
> russian translation team, nor the owncloud developers.
> It's even worse if you say the other translation is of low quality and 
> affects OwnCloud experience for Russian speaking users. We should 
> merge the translations ASAP.
> Can we have an official comment from ownCloud regarding this? I 
> confirm once again that ru and ru_RU are the same language 
> ("Russian" and "Russian spoken in Russia")
>
> Regards,
> Evgheni
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Serge Shpikin <eurekafag at eureka7.ru 
> <mailto:eurekafag at eureka7.ru>> wrote:
>
>     I see two different translations on Transifex. The problem is
>     "ru_RU" locale has priority over "ru" at least in GNU/Linux. As I
>     can see ru_RU has poor quality, lots of errors, missing spaces and
>     so on. It's also less complete. "ru" translation is better
>     maintained, has overall much better quality, over 80% of strings
>     are translated there but it isn't seen by anyone (possibly) which
>     is rather frustrating. I didn't know about all these efforts until
>     I got to Transifex. And I got there exactly because of poorly
>     translated ownCloud client, I wanted to fix all those ugly
>     formatted messages. And surprisingly I couldn't find them because
>     I opened "ru" translation which just doesn't have those errors. I
>     was confused for some time and then examined the client's i18n
>     directory which revealed the root of the problem. The existence of
>     "ru_RU" translation completely cancels the good "ru" translation.
>     I think they should be renamed each one to the opposite so the
>     good one becomes "ru_RU" and the bad one stays as a backup for
>     merging by just "ru" name.
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     Translations mailing list
>     Translations at owncloud.org <mailto:Translations at owncloud.org>
>     http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/translations
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> С уважением,
> Евгений Деревянкин
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Translations mailing list
> Translations at owncloud.org
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/translations

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/translations/attachments/20130425/7cccc960/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Translations mailing list