[Translations] Two Russian translations on Transifex

Евгений Деревянкин jekader at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 04:51:54 EDT 2013


Thanks to all - the bug was closed, duplicate translations for Russian and
Polish were removed from OwnCloud.

Regards,
Evgheni


On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér <
mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk> wrote:

>  I agree, no difference - совсем согласен. And there are no other
> variations - Russian spoken elsewhere, other languages spoken in Russia -
> so there is no argument against a merge or straightforward substitution.
> Admins, is there anything specific that requires one of the two?
>
> All the best,
> Morten
>
> On 04/25/2013 08:23 PM, Евгений Деревянкин wrote:
>
> Hi Serge,
>
>  I totally agree with your point. In fact, I raised the issue in this
> list some time ago, but there was no reaction: neither from the second
> russian translation team, nor the owncloud developers.
> It's even worse if you say the other translation is of low quality and
> affects OwnCloud experience for Russian speaking users. We should merge the
> translations ASAP.
>  Can we have an official comment from ownCloud regarding this? I confirm
> once again that ru and ru_RU are the same language ("Russian" and "Russian
> spoken in Russia")
>
>  Regards,
> Evgheni
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Serge Shpikin <eurekafag at eureka7.ru>wrote:
>
>> I see two different translations on Transifex. The problem is "ru_RU"
>> locale has priority over "ru" at least in GNU/Linux. As I can see ru_RU has
>> poor quality, lots of errors, missing spaces and so on. It's also less
>> complete. "ru" translation is better maintained, has overall much better
>> quality, over 80% of strings are translated there but it isn't seen by
>> anyone (possibly) which is rather frustrating. I didn't know about all
>> these efforts until I got to Transifex. And I got there exactly because of
>> poorly translated ownCloud client, I wanted to fix all those ugly formatted
>> messages. And surprisingly I couldn't find them because I opened "ru"
>> translation which just doesn't have those errors. I was confused for some
>> time and then examined the client's i18n directory which revealed the root
>> of the problem. The existence of "ru_RU" translation completely cancels the
>> good "ru" translation. I think they should be renamed each one to the
>> opposite so the good one becomes "ru_RU" and the bad one stays as a backup
>> for merging by just "ru" name.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Translations mailing list
>> Translations at owncloud.org
>> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/translations
>>
>>
>
>
>  --
> С уважением,
> Евгений Деревянкин
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Translations mailing listTranslations at owncloud.orghttp://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/translations
>
>
>


-- 
С уважением,
Евгений Деревянкин
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/translations/attachments/20130426/b235c74f/attachment.html>


More information about the Translations mailing list