[user] Anyone working on a specification of the protocol

Bennett Todd bennett.e.todd at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 00:18:48 MET 2014

The protocol that a client must implement to work with an Owncloud server, or that an Owncloud server must implement to work with an Owncloud client.

Multiple distinct server implementations make me feel good, they reflect well on the design and longevity of the service.

A service that I feel confident committing to is sufficiently simple and well documented that re-implementing it is easy,  and you can have some confidence that an independent re-implementation will interoperate with existing code.

Let's say someday I wanted to deploy an Owncloud server in an environment where PHP was not highly regarded, or possibly even available.