[user] [Admin] List Moving FAQ

Daniel Molkentin danimo at owncloud.com
Sun Feb 9 01:04:51 MET 2014

Hi,

following my last mail on owncloud at kde.org, this mail marks the end
of the transition to user at owncloud.org (this list). A brief FAQ for those who
found a subscribe notification in their inbox, but somehow missed my last
mail to the old mailing list:

Q: Why have I been subscribed to this strange list?

A: You were subscribed automatically because you have been previously
subscribed to owncloud at kde.org. This is the successor list, and not
strange. The old list has been deprecated and new posts there are consequently
not allowed anymore.

Q: Why did the move happen?

A: The move marks the end of the transition away from KDE infrastructure to an
independent ownCloud.org server environment. KDE has previously been
hosting all KDE services, but those have been gradually moved away after
ownCloud left KDE and became its own community.

Other lists have been on owncloud.org Infra before, such as the website team mailing
list. This is just the next logical step to unify all owncloud.org related lists.

Q: Has anything changed?

A: Not really, unless you are watching this space for development-related
discussions. Those will now move to devel at owncloud.org. Please
if you are interested (you may receive a warning from your browser because
the SSL certificate is issued to www.owncloud.org, we're working on it, it's
safe to ignore this warning).

Cheers,
 Daniel