[owncloud-user] GSoC proposal: user registration

Pellaeon Lin nfsmwlin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:58:12 MET 2014

Hi all,

I'm a college student in Taiwan and I'd like to participate GSoC of
ownCloud.

I have shortly discussed my idea on #owncloud-dev .
Here's my proposal: implement user registration feature as an app, based on
https://github.com/Takuto88/owncloud-app-invite

Registration flow:
- new user enters his/her email
- sends verification link to that email address (to verify that it is valid)
- new user clicks on link, sets up display name, password, etc
- ownCloud creates new account

If there is time, some additional features could be added:
- user must enter email address with specific domain in order to receive
verification link
- admin panel to view/approve/deny registration requests

I have already made some contributions to ownCloud, here's my github
https://github.com/pellaeon/

Thanks!