[owncloud-user] ownCloud Client 1.5.1 released

Daniel Molkentin danimo at owncloud.com
Sat Feb 15 11:08:30 MET 2014

Am 15.02.2014 um 10:13 schrieb Thomas Gries:

> Am 14.02.2014 12:03, schrieb Daniel Molkentin:
>>
>> * [Feature] Provide information about the current connection's encryption and SSL certificate chain in the account dialog
>
> I tried to find (but could not find) an client menu entry to inspect the encryption and certificate chain info and fingerprints
> (in the new 1.5.1  window client for my existing account).
>
> Please can you assist - or did I overlook something ?

Right under the "Account to synchronize" heading, you will find a padlock icon. If it's green (i.e. not yellow with a warning sign, which signifies an unencrypted connection), you can view the certificate chain by clicking on it. Hovering over an item in the chain will show all details, including fingerprints.

> For improved security awareness
>
>   - one of the reasons why ownCloud was developed -
>
> I again ask that a permanent entry in the account settings should allow the user to inspect the current encryption and cert info for that account.

???

> This has been previously filed in bug#44 issue https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues/44 (closed, but I think, it should be reopened).

It was closed for 1.5.1 because this is _exactly_ what this feature implements.

Daniel