[owncloud-user] Owncloud SSO integration

Sérgio Afonso safonso at sp.up.pt
Mon Feb 17 13:27:27 MET 2014

Hi Laszlo et all,

I also struggled with this SSO integration when moving from OC 5 to OC
6. In OC5 the Shibboleth authentication was working perfectly using the
user_servervars owncloud app. Once I moved to OC 6, the SSO integration
and Shibboleth authentication were imediatelly broke.

Nevertheless, I think I found a workaround to the problem and I think
it's working pretty well.

You can follow this link to install the app user_servervars

http://blog.gamb.fr/index.php?post/2013/06/14/OwnCloud-5-et-Shibboleth

Even though its in French and directed to ownCloud 5, you can use a
translator and it also works fro ownCloud 6.

After this installation the problems begun. I still reported it in
ownCloud mailing list. I attach the messages for reference of the
problems found.

Ultimatelly the solution was to put in the user_servervars.php file the
following block of code:

         /*
         * we don´t know if a user exists without the password. so we
have to return true all the time
         */
         public function userExists( $uid ){
                 return true;