[owncloud-user] ownCloud sync client for SailfishOS / Jolla

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Wed Feb 26 09:47:02 MET 2014

On 26.02.2014 09:37, Arthur Schiwon wrote:
> On 26.02.2014 08:41, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
>> Am 26.02.2014 um 08:34 schrieb Tobias Brunner:
>>> Is there a ownCloud sync client available for SailfishOS on
>>> Jolla? Would be very nice...
>
>> No, there isn't, but it could be created using the
>> libowncloudsync library from the Mirall project (desktop sync
>> client), since both use Qt.
>
> I blogged about the possibilities a while ago [1], though I am
> missing time and knowledge to achieve something in little time.
>
> However, If you want to dive into it we (and surely also
> SailfishOS community) will help you to answer upcoming questions.
>
> [1]
> http://www.arthur-schiwon.de/ubucon-and-owncloud-owncloud-and-jollasailfish

P.S.:
Recently

I nevertheless thought about first steps on base of the
exsiting (though desktop) client. It could be tried to build the
packages for Sailfish using the Mer OBS [1]. In some way or the other
it is possible to import packages from other OBS instances (i.e. the
client packages from opensuse OBS) to Mer and let them build for Sailfish.

Probably some adjustements are required, e.g. making sure it compiles
against Qt5 (no Qt4 on Sailfish) and hoping there are no dependencies
on X (Wayland on Sailfish). The GUI will not be usable, but the client
ships a command line tool which can be used for testing. As soon as
this is running, a native SailfishOS UI can be written.

At least in theory ;)

Cheers
Arthur

[1] https://build.merproject.org/