[owncloud-user] 409 conflict - my data got deleted! What happened?

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Sun Nov 2 23:07:25 GMT 2014

Hi,

Which client version? I guess anything before 1.7.0 (now at RC) has issues with handling case conflicts. That's my bet. We have big warning signs for people to avoid running into case conflicts (until they are correctly handled by the new client version). Sadly, there is some fallout in owncloud's design from considering windows servers on par with linux servers (as if just having to support windows and linux client at the same time wasn't complicated enough).

I would strongly suggest you report this on https://github.com/owncloud/mirall and provide the developers all the steps how to reproduce this.

So that the developers can check what really happened (from experience, developers do not check this mailing list).

kuba