[owncloud-user] Change of password on an encrypted user

Sergi sse at okitup.com
Fri Nov 28 09:45:10 GMT 2014

Hello,

to make desktop sincronization work on an encrypted owncloud instance
for shared folders I've had to re-apply permissions on those folders for
the user whose password changed.

The conclusion is for an encrypted instance :

- a password change will work seamlessly for desktop syncronization and
user owned folders
- but shared folders need permisions for that user re-applied

BTW, the password change is performed from the web interface by the
administrator using the 'master encryption password' and then changing
the user password.

Thanks,
regards,
Sergi