[owncloud-user] Change of password on an encrypted user

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Fri Nov 28 11:34:55 GMT 2014

Hello,

> The conclusion is for an encrypted instance :
>
> - a password change will work seamlessly for desktop syncronization
> and user owned folders
> - but shared folders need permisions for that user re-applied

Yes, that's true. The reason for this is that the each user can decide
by his own to use the recovery key or not. So if user A changes his
password we can only recover his files but not access to files shared
with him because the owner of the shared file dosn't have to enable the
recovery key.

cheers,
Björn

--