[owncloud-user] occ upgrade takes forever?

Vincent Petry pvince81 at owncloud.com
Mon Aug 3 07:57:31 GMT 2015

Hello,

Please never truncate the oc_filecache table!
You will lose all shares and other information associated with files.

We should really rename it to oc_fileindex to prevent people thinking
it's a cache that can be cleared. I'll raise a ticket for that.

The reason it's copying the table is to do an "update simulation" to
make sure that the database schema change will work.
You can skip the simulation by passing an extra argument to occ:

./occ upgrade --skip-migration-test Konsole output

Cheers,

Vincent