[owncloud-user] failed uploads leftovers in /tmp?

Christopher Kunz chrislist at de-punkt.de
Fri Aug 14 08:24:20 GMT 2015

Am 14.08.15 um 10:15 schrieb Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator:
> Hi,
>
> on our owncloud 8.0.x server I see some phpXXXXX files which look like
> leftovers from failed uploads. (file says they are ISO Media files)
>
> As they are some GB each, disk space is filling up.
>
> Question: Is this a known behaviour? If yes, is there a sort of admin
> feature to monitor such failed not removed uploads?
>
> Is it safe to "just" delete them?

It should be. As far as I remember, the PHP_TMP_DIR/phpXXXXX files are
automatically removed by PHP as soon as the script receiving the upload
is terminated.

I guess the best practice would be to delete all files with an mtime >
24*3600 (since these are quite surely not ongoing uploads).

Regards,

--ck