[owncloud-user] OwnCloud Client not opening

Leo Francisco lists at boywithwings.co.uk
Sat Aug 15 09:44:16 GMT 2015

Hi all,

On my Ubuntu GNOME 15.04 laptop, the owncloud client is crashing when
opened. It used to work until I changed server. Now crashes instantly
when launched without any errors.

The client is latest version from official opensuse repo which installed
with no errors or missing dependencies. My server appears to be working
correctly and I can acsess all my files through WebDAV and in the
browser. The server is using a self signed certificate.

I've tried apt-get purge and then reinstalling the client to no avail.
The client is working fine on my other laptop which is running Lubuntu.
My gut tells me this is some kind of config or dependency problem.Is it
possible to launch the client from the command line to try and generate
errors? I've tried the command "owncloud-client" but it's not possible.

Many Thanks
Leo